Saturday, January 16, 2010

Eat From the Pantry Challenge to Give....

When I originally started this challenge, the year was fresh and the slate was clean, and I had high hopes for a better start to 2010 than the last few years have brought our family. I thought that I might use the money we saved to surprise my husband with some extra money to pay off our mortgage at the end of the year, but with the recent tragedy in Haiti God has laid it on my heart to give some extra toward those suffering. My home church is having a special offering this weekend that will go directly to Missionary partners we have sent to help in this time of dire need and sorrowful crisis. To that end, I am going to pray and seek the Lord in what amount, exactly, He would have us give. I think that it is important to look at those citizens in Haiti as brothers and sisters in Christ. It saddens me to even need to state something that should be so obvious to those of us who walk with Him, but there are so many people with a terrible worldview who do not embrace those who are suffering and reach out to them in His Name. I pray that those who survived the terrors of the earthquake are able to find peace in the days to come, help where they most need it and a spiritual cleansing possible only through the blood of Christ. Please take a moment today and pray for your brothers and sisters in Haiti.

God's blessings,
~mary

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog