Monday, January 05, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook entry for January 5th

Simple Woman's Daybook entry for January 5th
I'm still trying to get the hang of this, but here is my second ever Simple Woman's Daybook entry:


Monday, January 5, 2009

Outside my window...
It is sunny and rather warm for a winter day.

I am thinking...
That although the doctors confirmed today that my baby no longer has a heartbeat, I am grateful that God allowed the child to be conceived and for me to enjoy 14 weeks of pregnancy.

I am thankful for...
My husband and my children, all of whom are extremely and especially precious to me.

From the learning rooms...
Today we resumed school, although it was not terribly successful due to the stress over the doctor’s appointment.

From the kitchen...
My wonderful husband took charge of the meals.

I am wearing...
I was wearing loose and comfortable clothing because of my doctor appointment, then pajamas to rest…

I am creating...
Nothing of note at the moment, although I intend to finish the baby blanket and booties I started.

I am going...
To continue to praise God and thank Him despite my grief.

I am reading...
Family Driven Faith by Voodie Baucham, Jr. and college textbooks for Chemistry 101 and Educational Psychology.

I am hoping...
To find the strength to cope with this miscarriage loss without snapping out in anger at God or my family.

I am hearing...
A television show my 4 year-old is watching in my room.

Around the house...
I did not really accomplish anything noteworthy today, except that I straightened my sheets and blankets!

One of my favorite things...
When my 4 year-old says “I love you big much up to the moon and back too big much!”

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Aside from our regular homeschool schedule and my college course work (well – as regular as possible considering the circumstances)
Tuesday: Resting.
Wednesday: A possible follow-up doctor appointment.
Thursday: Attending an evening appointment with my husband.
Friday: Resting.
Saturday: Probably church in the evening.
Sunday: Adjusting January homeschool schedules, completing my online college week's work and reading aloud to the children from the Bible.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
This rainbow was shining on the day we got our Christmas tree…We saw one before we got to the tree farm and the sky cleared, but when we got half-way into the field – we experienced a huge downpour, followed by hail and then…it cleared up and behold, an other rainbow graced the sky!

Thanks for stopping by!!!
Please visit the Simple Woman's Blog:http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

No comments: